[tulip] Conexant datasheets

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:58:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Felipe Contreras wrote:

> Here are the Conexant's Datasheets.

Ahhh, progress.
Alas, not success.

> It was truly hard to sent this message due to my ISP, but finally here are
> them:

> http://members.nbci.com/shax/temp/100868D.pdf

This datasheet contains the list of features and a description of the
devide pins, but no programming information.

It does reference the "LANfinity Software Designer's Guide", which is
apparently the document that has the useful information.  Since you have
gotten this far (much further than I've gotten, despite supposed
"contacts" and many emails), could you please try to track down this
document?

> http://members.nbci.com/shax/temp/100854A.pdf

This is the datasheet for the 7221 HPNA transceiver, not the 7111
Ethernet controller.  It doesn't provide any useful programming
information.

The datasheet goes into detail about the low-level signal transition and
timing of the SPI interface, but never describes the contents of the
chip registers that can be written with SPI!  (SPI is the
pointlessly-different equivalent of the MII management serial bit
stream.  You can find the standard SPI timing requirements at various
places.  The important, chip-unique details are the registers, which are
completely omitted by this datasheet.)