[tulip] Adaptec ANA 6944A/TX 4-port locks up system on kernel2.4.7

Ben Greear greearb@candelatech.com
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 13:28:40 -0700

Donald Becker wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Ben Greear wrote:
>
> > When I 'insmod tulip' with this card in the machine, the
> > machine locks up hard.  I'll give this card to the driver
> > writers if it will help, but it's so old that maybe it isn't
> > worth worrying about too much :)
>
> My guess is that the problem is with PCI bridge interrupt mapping on
> your machine, combined with the 2.4 removal of IRQ-copying hack in the
> Tulip driver to support 4 port cards with usually broken x86 BIOSes.
>
> The 2.4 kernel tries to do the IRQ numering fix-ups in the PCI support
> code.  Obviously it's not working...

This machine does work with the 4-port DLINK (tulip) board, if that
helps with anything....

Is there anything I can do to give you more info to figure out whether
or not it's the IRQ problem?

Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>          <Ben_Greear@excite.com>