[tulip] KNE111TX arp problems

Tom Huckstep tom@redant.freeserve.co.uk
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:29:04 +0100 (BST)

Donald Becker writes:
 > On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Tom Huckstep wrote:
 > > Donald Becker writes:
 > >  > This driver version lost the receive filter setting when it lost link
 > >  > beat.
 > >
 > > I don't understand what you mean by that.  Is this a known issue?
 >
 > Yes, it's a known bug.

For the benifit of those looking for the solution to the KNE111TX arp
hardware address problem:

This problem is a known issue in 2.2.17.  There are two ways to solve
it:

1) Get Donald's drivers from
      ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/test/tulip.c
   which he will support on this list.

2) Use kernel 2.4 (2.4.5 certainly works).  Donald will not support
   that because he does not control the changes to it.

Further information can be found on my web site:

http://www.huckstep.uklinux.net/mle/kne111tx.html

Tom

(I hope the list regulars don't mind me writing like this.  I think it
might help those looking for answers in the archive, like I was)