[tulip] Netgear FA510 CardBus problems with RH 7.1

Ben Greear greearb@candelatech.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:05:41 -0700

I'm having several problems with the FA510 and a stock RH 7.1
installation.

If I only have one adapter, I get lots of carrier errors
unless I force it to half-duplex.  I still get a few RX dropped
errors when running at 1Mbps traffic bi-directional.

When I add the second FA510 to the laptop, the whole thing
locks solid untill I remove it.  The mouse won't even move.

I'm going to grab the latest 2.4 kernel in hopes that fixes
things, but I'd like to know if anyone has any other ideas.

Any suggestions for a good PCMCIA card, btw?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>          <Ben_Greear@excite.com>