[tulip] lne100tx v4.1, Precompiled driver, Hangs

Paul M. James jamespa@qwest.net
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:52:29 -0600

Hello all,

I'm stymied.  I have installed the precompiled tulip driver rpm for
RH7.0.
I did a clean install  without the card.  Installed the rpm, installed
the card, configured with `netcfg`, edited  /etc/modules.conf and added
the lines:

'alias eth0 tulip'
'options tulip debug=1 options=3,1 full_duplex=1,0 '

restarted the network - '/etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart'

no joy-- so I did:

`insmod pci-scan`
`insmod tulip`

then restarted the network again...
I got the dialog:

Setting network parameters:  [ok]
Bringing up interface lo:    [ok]
Bringing up interface eth0:	(at this point total system hang)

Any suggestions?  I am not as brilliant or as experienced as many of you
who frequent this list, but I have been using Linux since RH 5.1.  This
has me stumped. I would have switched cards long before now, but I have
eight of these cards for my Beowulf project. (I am a computer science
student.) The old version of the card worked great.

Thanks so much for your time.

Paul.

please CC me.