[tulip] Test verson of tulip.c for Conexant chip (Compaq Presario) v0.92w

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:46:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Hunt Kent wrote:

> 	mii-diag gives:
>
> Using the default interface 'eth0'.
> Basic registers of MII PHY #1:  1000 782d 0022 1720
> 01e1 40a1 0007 2001.
>  The autonegotiated capability is 00a0.
> The autonegotiated media type is 100baseTx.

As I suspected, you have a half-duplex, dual-speed repeater.
Using half-duplex doesn't show the chip configuration problem.
Nominally, setting tfhe full duplex bit (0x0200 in CSR6) should be enough
put the chip into that mode, but that doesn't match the actual behavior.