[tulip] Test verson of tulip.c for Conexant chip (Compaq Presario) v0.92w

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 22:22:19 -0400 (EDT)

I spent the past weekend working on the Tulip driver, getting it to work
with the Conexant chip used on the Compaq Presario laptops.  I finally
got it working about 3am this morning.  There is still a problem with
full duplex mode, but I'm releasing this version to get some initial
feedback.

 http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html
    ftp://www.scyld.com/pub/network/test/tulip.c

Please send a report, working or not.

>From the check-in log
----------------------------
revision 1.60
date: 2001/07/10 02:04:42;  author: becker;  state: Exp;  lines: +25 -42
tulip.c:v0.92w 7/9/2001

Nominal support for the Conexant chip.
  The full duplex setting results in Tx loss-of-carrier errors, as
  though the chip is still in half duplex mode.

  Read the station address for Conexant parts using a fixed offset.  We
  verify that this is a station address CIS, however we should really scan
  for the correct table entry in some future version.

Changed the forced-10baseT entries for the 21041 to not require link beat.

Increased the size of the EEPROM table to 512 bytes (256*16 parts).

Handle NULL returns from init_etherdev().

Cleaned up the netif_*() macros to nominally work with 2.4, including
removal of the dev->interrupt check.