[tulip] Macronix 98715 PMAC rev 37

Matthew matthew@psychohorse.com
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 13:31:33 -0800

Thanks for answering my questions!

>Please don't say "newest driver".  Use the version number.
>(The "newest driver" is usually the half-broken test copy on my machine.)

  My bad, I should have known better about which driver version number I was
using. Its v0.92t dated 1/15/2001.

> This I can check out.
> Why are using passing options?
> Does your card actually have a MII 100baseFX-HDX transceiver (media type
> 16)?

To be honest, I had no idea. Took a couple of shots in the dark, luckily I
managed to remember how to get into the system without networking. I was
passing options to try and force 100 half duplex.

Here is the relevant section I extracted from dmesg, hope this is sufficient.
If not I can dig for more.

tulip.c:v0.92t 1/15/2001  Written by Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com>
http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html
eth0: Macronix 98715 PMAC rev 37 at 0xc8842000, 00:80:C6:EB:B1:03, IRQ 5.
eth0:  EEPROM default media type 10baseT.

Its attached to a Linksys 10/100 Hub.

Thanks so much for looking into this.

Many thanks,

Matthew Johnson