[tulip] Re: Netgear....

Lyle Bickley lbickley@bickleywest.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 21:35:47 -0800

Donald Becker wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Lyle Bickley wrote:
>
> > I've noticed that when using Netgear FA310tx boards with the 82C169C
> > "Tulip" chip and 700MHz+ Athlon or Duron ASUS motherboards , that IRQ's
> > are NOT recognized by the tulip driver [displays IRQ 0 in the log].
>
> Easy answer
>    http://www.scyld.com/expert/irq-conflict.html

100% Correct.  I turned off "PNP OS" and I noted that the BIOS displayed
the proper IRQ on boot and Linux and the Tulip picked it IRQ up as
well.  Works perfectly. THANKS!

However this leads me to another question:  Why did an Intel Pro 100+
work O.K. with the BIOS set to PNP, but the Tulip requires PNP to be
off??

Cheers,
Lyle
--
Lyle Bickley             | Bickley Consulting West Inc.
lbickley@acm.org         |

"Black holes exist where GOD is dividing by zero"