[tulip] Starfire, RH 7.0 and the Adaptec Quartet64

Lafond, Kenneth G kenneth.g.lafond@intel.com
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:35:46 -0800

Greetings, list -
	I'm trying to get an Adaptec Quartet 64 quad port adapter to work in
RH 7.0.  I'm having no luck.  I've gotten pci-scan.c and starfire.c to
compile without error (using the instructions for RH7.0 from the website),
but although the modules load without error, they don't seem to actually do
anything with the card - ie after installation in linuxconf, an
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network reload yields no new working ports...they just time
out.  The network connections I'm using are known good.  Has anyone gotten
this to work?  Am I using the right driver?

Thanks in advance,
Ken Lafond