[tulip] netgear 310tx

Allan McIntosh amcintosh@atreus-systems.com
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 15:58:33 -0500 (EST)

Hey,

I am using  a Cyrix MediaGXtm MMXtm Enhanced 233MHz machine as a router
and it appears that the machine can not handle 100Mbits of
throughput (The machine comes to a stand still when testing). There is 1
netgear 310tx and an rtl8139. I am trying to set the netgear to 10baseT
with options=10 inorder to limit throughput. However when I bring up the
interface I can not ping anything. tulip-diag says all is well as does
mii-diag.

I saw threads in the archives of poeple attemping to force the 310tx's to
100 has anyone successfully locked one of these cards to 10baseT-FD?

Thanks
Allan

 Allan McIntosh, Software Technologist
 Atreus Systems Corp, http://www.atreuscorp.com