[tulip] Tulip media types 5 and 6 ? (Allied Telesyn AT-2800TX Cardbus)

Matti Aarnio matti.aarnio@zmailer.org
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 07:59:56 +0200

   Good morning,

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 05:15:13PM -0500, Donald Becker wrote:
> Given that this has a type 6 table entry, and this is a CardBus card, I'm
> wondering if the transceiver is in the dongle, and a dongle disconnect
> requires the reset sequence.  The type 6 entry might be a sleazy way of
> indicating this, even though it violates the current SROM specification.

	"Dongle" ?   Oh, like TP/Coax module at some earlier PCMCIA cards ?

	No, this is just 4-wire cable from Type-I card form fitting
	connector to RJ45 female.  About one feet long.
	No active electronics at all at this cable.

> Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com

/Matti Aarnio