[tulip] compile error on RH7

Hari Nam Singh harinam@home.com
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 18:14:30 -0800

Hi,

I run into trouble with my new Linksys nic. Being a newbie, I thought to
just get the latest driver. Little did I know, that I couldn't find a
binary. Anyway, I read in the instructions the comments about RH7. To my
surprise, when I entered make, it figured out by itself to use kgcc instead
of gcc. Though, I still get the compile errors that the part of the
instructions warned me about. I assume, this is because of the RH7 header
files, as it says. Though, there is no work around specified. Also, the
directory mentioned /usr/src/linux/include doesn't exist. I have a redhat
directory under /usr/src. Though, that doesn't have a include sub directory.

What should I do? Do I have to download a new kernel and recompile, or any
other scary things like that?

Thanks for your help.