[tulip] Changing MAX_UNITS to a configurable value?

Dan Hollis goemon@anime.net
Mon Dec 24 02:33:00 2001

On Mon, 24 Dec 2001, Donald Becker wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Dec 2001, Ben Greear wrote:
> > I find myself wanting to run gobs of 4-port NICs in my
> > machines
> This is a very unusual requirement.  It's reasonable to expect someone
> with such a configuration to modify documented constants at the top of
> the source file.

It's becoming more common each day. For example I run 16 ports on one
of our core BGP linux routers, and another ISP I know runs 20. Quadports
these days are very cheap and plentiful.

Not so long ago, it was unusual for anyone to have more than 4 IDE drives
in their system. Now 8 drives or more are common, thanks to 3ware and
other cards, combined with onboard IDE.

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]