[tulip] Changing MAX_UNITS to a configurable value?

Ben Greear greearb@candelatech.com
Sun Dec 23 23:24:01 2001

I find myself wanting to run gobs of 4-port NICs in my
machines and the tulip driver (in 2.4.17), by default, will
handle only 8.  There is a #define (MAX_UNITS) that looks
like it will raise this number to, say, 32.....

To keep from having to change source code, I'd like to either
make the max-units a module parameter, or a compile time
option in 'make xconfig'.

Does anyone have any preference for either of those options?

I'm thinking that the receive queue and transmit queue length
might be other good options for a similar change...

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>       <Ben_Greear AT excite.com>