[tulip] W-LINX LinxPRO Ethernet

Michael Thaler michael.thaler@Physik.TU-Muenchen.DE
Wed Dec 12 10:47:01 2001

Hello,

I bought a cheap W-LINX LinxPRO Ethernet 10/100 MBit pcmcia cardbus
network card. When I plug the card into my computer the computer makes
2 high beeps and the computer recognizes the card. It prints out
something like recognized tulip chipset but it cannot find the
EEPROM. (I don't exactly remember and
I don't have my computer with me right now). When I plug in the
network cable (a crosslink cable, the other end attached to an 10 MBit
card) it tells me that it detected a 10 MBit link. Both of the link
LED are on. But when I try to ping a computer on the network, all
packets are lost in both directions. Is there any chance to get the
card working with linux? What can I do?

Thanks,
Michael