[tulip] Adaptec ANA-6944A/TX

Erik Heinz erik@iks-jena.de
Mon Dec 3 14:13:03 2001

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 11:32:10AM -0500, Donald Becker wrote:

> The problem is with the 2.4 kernel combined with your specific
> motherboard, not the tulip driver or Adaptec card.  An IRQ mapping
> problem will occur with any board using the same bus bridge chip, not
> just the ANA-6944.

I have well understood that this is not a problem of the Tulip chipset or
the Tulip drivers. It seems, however, to reveal particularly in the case
of Tulip equipped 4-port cards. That's why it has been on topic here before
and other readers of this list might be interested, too.

My personal insight into kernel hacking is, alas, very limited and I am
not able to solve the problem myself. I am turning to this list in the hope
that either someone with enough knowledge of the PCI code in Linux 2.4 is
reading here and could take a look at the problem or otherwise someone
knows the right address to report it to the people in charge.

Thank you,
Erik

--
| Erik Heinz, IKS GmbH Jena * erik@iks-jena.de * privat: erik@jena.thur.de  |