[tulip] toner cartridges

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 15:18:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Clifton T. Sharp Jr. wrote:

> arrivadechiamerica@corpusmail.com wrote:
> > **** VORTEX  SUPPLIES ****
>
> I thought this list was being manually screened.

It's automatically screened, and has the usual list safeguards in place.
With manual moderation the delay between postings would be too great.

I'm guessing the "Vortex" word in the message made it appear on-topic to
the filter.

> On the alternate assumption that it's possible for him to subscribe and
> then spam the list, it's a pity; but it's important for list readers to

It didn't happen this time, but there are spambots that know how to
subscribe to lists, so list-members-only isn't completely effective as a
spam stopping policy.