[tulip] Netgear FA310TX losses network after outage or error.

kmcelwain@pointcloud.com kmcelwain@pointcloud.com
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 09:55:35 -0500

I'm having a consistent problem with the Netgear FA310TX NIC card.  I've
noticed I'm not the only one having this problem, so I down loaded the
newest tulip module.

tulip.c:v0.92 4/17/2000  Written by Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com>
  http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html
eth0: Lite-On 82c168 PNIC rev 32 at 0xd0834000, 00:A0:CC:5E:13:2B, IRQ 17.
eth0:  MII transceiver #1 config 3000 status 7829 advertising 01e1.
eth0: Setting full-duplex based on MII #1 link partner capability of 45e1.

The problem went away for a month or so, but returned on only two of the
machines.  They would disconnect from the network with this error.  The
only way to get them back on the network was to restart the network i.e.
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart.

eth0: Restarted Rx at 5810308 / 5810308.

 I just downloaded the diags, so next time they're off the network, I'll
run mii-diag and tulip-diag.  As always I greatly appreciate all the time
and resources Donald and Scyld have put into the development of the GNU
drivers and I'll appreciate any time spent on this issue.

Thanks,

Kirk