[tulip] unresolved symbols with pci-scan.o

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 23:13:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Michael Lehman wrote:

> I'm running a 2.3.9 kernel and have a Linksys card I'm trying to fire up.
> insmod tulip give the error "device or resource busy".  When doing an insmod
> pci-scan before insmod tulip, I get the errors below. Has anyone any idea how to get rid of this? Are there any special kernel
> configuration options? All my network devices are compiled as modules and the
> tulip and pci-scan are part of the netdrivers distribution by scyld..
>
> /lib/modules/2.3.9/net/pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol __ioremap_R9eac042a
> /lib/modules/2.3.9/net/pci-scan.o: unresolved symbol pci_find_class_R6c460806

Grep for one of these symbols in /proc/pci
  grep ioremap /proc/pci

If the symbol shows up, but has a different modversion number, you have
compiled against the wrong header file for the kernel you are running.

410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Beowulf-II Cluster Distribution
Annapolis MD 21403