[tulip] Linksys LNE100TX v4.0 problem. (tulip.o: init_module: Device or resource busy)

Kenneth Lo klops@bigfoot.com
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 13:19:20 -0400

Mario Simoni wrote:

> > I tried both source RPM update and individual
> > driver update as suggested on the driver update
> > page from scyld.com. I've also tried replacing
> > the on v0.91 tulip.c file to v0.92 under my 2.2.16
> > kernel directory tree and tried to recompile the
> > kernel with tulip driver built-in, but I got a
> > whole bunch of constant & declaration compile-time
> > errors.
>
> I was having exactly the same problem that you did before I compiled and
> installed the latest RPM file. This may be a stupid question, becuause
> you probably did it, but it's all I can think of. When you installed the
> RPM did you force it to install using...
>
> rpm -i --force  <the .i386.rpm file>
>
> without the --force option it will not overrite the tulip driver with
> the newly compiled one.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Mario

Thanks for the advance, but unfortunately the result is the
same "device busy" error. When you say the latest RPM file, which
one exactly was you referring to?
I'm assuming you're talking about the binary rpm file that built from
ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/netdriver-2.0.src.rpm, right?

Another question for the package maintainer, is there any patch
file released against 2.2.x kernel (ie.2.2.16,2.2.17)?

--ken