[tulip] I need help loading the tulip driver for a LNE100TX v4.1 NIC

Zach Schoen zach@operamail.com
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 23:38:20 -0400

I need help loading the tulip driver (v0.92) for my Linksys Etherfast 10/100
PCI LAN Card v4.1 (using Mandrake 7.1).

The card works in Windows Me, and the settings are:
Interrupt Request:  10
Memory Range:       F4120000-F41203FF
Input/Output Range: 3800-38FF

In Linux, when I try 'modprobe tulip io=0x3800,irq=10', I get invalid
parameter parm_io or parm_irq, and the module doesn't load.

When I run 'cat /proc/ioports', I get:
0000-001f : dma1
0020-003f : pic1
0040-005f : timer
0060-006f : keyboard
0070-007f : rtc
0080-008f : dma page reg
00a0-00bf : dma2
00f0-00ff : fpu
0170-0177 : ide1
01f0-01f7 : ide0
0376-0376 : ide1
03c0-03df : vga+
03f6-03f6 : ide0
03f8-03ff : serial(auto)
1800-1807 : ide0
1808-180f : ide1
1820-1833 : usb-uhci
1840-187f : Intel ICH - Controller
2000-20ff : Intel ICH - AC'97

When I run 'cat /proc/interrupts', I get:
      CPU0
  0: 50818 XT-PIC timer
  1:   169 XT-PIC keyboard
  2:     0 XT-PIC cascade
  8:     1 XT-PIC rtc
  9:     0 XT-PIC usb-uhci
 10:     0 XT-PIC Intel ICH
 12:  1745 XT-PIC PS/2 Mouse
 13:     1 XT-PIC fpu
 14:  7810 XT-PIC ide0
 15:     2 XT-PIC ide1
NMI:     0

If I then run just 'modprobe tulip', I get this line in /proc/ioports:
c60c2000-c60c207f : eth0

I am very confused.  How can I get ifconfig to see my ethernet card?

Any pointers would be appreciated, but please keep in mind that I'm fairly new
to computers.

Thank you,
Zach Schoen