[tulip] ADMtek AL985 Centaur-P adapter

Chad Jolly cajolly@students.wisc.edu
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 06:10:27 +0000

Hi There,
I'm having trouble with the ADMtek AL985 Centaur-P adapter.  The card is
recognized by the kernel module, a link light is shown on my hub,
although I'm not able to get any network activity to/from the card.
I can't ping other computers on the network, and they can't ping that
card.  I've got two setups like this so I'm quite sure I've got
everything else, routes etc correct.  Here's the tulip_diag output(I've
got two *tulip* cards in there, the first is functioning just fine) :

tulip-diag.c:v2.04 9/26/2000 Donald Becker (becker@scyld.com)
 http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
Index #1: Found a Lite-On 82c168 PNIC adapter at 0x1000.
 Port selection is MII, half-duplex.
 Transmit started, Receive started, half-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Waiting for packets'.
  The Tx process state is 'Idle'.
  The transmit threshold is 72.
Index #2: Found a ADMtek AL985 Centaur-P adapter at 0x1400.
 Port selection is 100mbps-SYM/PCS 100baseTx scrambler, half-duplex.
 Transmit started, Receive started, half-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Waiting for packets'.
  The Tx process state is 'Idle'.
  The transmit threshold is 128.
 The Comet MAC registers are 116d0300 fffff11c filter 8000000000000000.
 Use '-a' or '-aa' to show device registers,
     '-e' to show EEPROM contents, -ee for parsed contents,
  or '-m' or '-mm' to show MII management registers.

Any ideas?  I've been beating my head against the wall trying to figure
this out!  Thanks for your help and time.
Chad