[tulip] Full-Duplex not working on older lne100tx

Erik Myllymaki erikm@islandnet.com
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 08:21:20 -0700

Hello,

I have looked through the archives but haven't come up with an answer to
this so...

I have a Linksys LNE100tx based on the PNIC chip 82c168 rev 17.

I am using the tulip v0.91g-ppc driver in a RedHat 6.1 install and it
has been working well for 2 years. I just gort a switched hub, and would
like to run this full-duplex. I have tried the following kernel options
at boot:

no kernel options               Connects at 100Mbs, half-duplex
ether=0,0,0x200,eth0        Connects at 100Mbs, half-duplex
ether=0,0,14,eth0              Breaks - stops working.
ether=0,0,5,eth0                 Complains at boot ("transeiver
stopped..."), but finally connects at 100Mbs, half-duplex

One weird thing, my instruction book and box both claim this card has
full-duplex capability, but refer to a FD(X) light that indicates
connecting at full-duplex, but the card itself doesn't have one of these
lights, just *link, act, 100*?! Maybe my card doesn't have the
full-duplexing option?

Thanks for your time,

Erik Myllymaki
erik@pacific-shores.com