[tulip] Linksys LNE100TX (EtherFast 10/100 LAN Card PCI) with SuSE Linux7.0

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 18:03:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Andreas Meile wrote:

> Recently I installed Linux (SuSE 7.0, see http://www.suse.de/) on my
> existing PC system which is equipped with a Linksys LNE100TX (EtherFast
> 10/100 LAN Card PCI) Ethernet NIC.
>
> According to the manufacturer's specifications this card should work with
> the "tulip.o" module but "modprobe" does not accept this card. :-(

It works with the updated tulip.o driver, not the old versions.

> Some details: "Version 4.1" can be read on the PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
> and the "Linksys" labeled chip carries the number "0027WDAHAP064841.04".

That's an ADMtek AN983/AN985 "Centaur" chip.

> I already tried to build a new kernel with an updated "tulip.c" (SuSE
> shipped the 7.0 distribution with a version more than one year old!) but
> there are dependencies problems with "pci-scan.c".

Read
  http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html

410 Severn Ave. Suite 210		Generation Two Beowulf Clusters
Annapolis MD 21403