[tulip] NetGear FA311 network card

Argentium G. Tiger agtiger@kc.rr.com
Sun, 05 Nov 2000 17:05:31 -0600

Dr. A E Lawrence writes:

>Sorry. My previous message referred to the Netgear FX310 :-(

That's ok, that mistake compliments my own.  I was going from memory
when I said I had the FX311, it turns out I have the FX310.  Other than
that, my own error report stands as written.  That'll teach me to go
from memory rather than eye-ball the actual equipment before I post.

I have:  NETGEAR FA310TX REV-D2
P/N:  6804100310 REV:A1

The large surface-mount square chip is:
NETGEAR
LC82C169C
9951A
H3042-000

The small surface-mount square chip is:
BROADCOM
BCM5202 KPF
CT9950B1 P
3808

The tiny surface mount (14 pin) chip is:
< texas instruments logo> 9CAN83K
AHC132
(Darn that one is hard on the eyes)  :-)

The 16 pin chip by the CAT-5 network connector is:
DELTA
LF8221M9950

Off to http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html to try to figure out how
to do the net driver update *properly*...

Are we having fun yet?

Argentium