[tulip] tulip.c and Debian Potato

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_A=2E_Guzm=E1n?= jose@iteso.mx
Tue, 30 May 2000 00:35:24 -0500 (CDT)

 Parrish, you need to download the Makefile as indicated on
http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html then edit the line which says
DRV_OFILES, and let only tulip.o there. You also need the include files and .c
files as the above URL says under 'Installing Individual Drivers', then just type
make and it'll create two modules, insert first the pci-scan, then the tulip one
and you should be happy.

  Of course this applies to all the drivers modified to work with the new pci-scan scheme created by Donald.

   Cheers.

   José.

On Mon, 29 May 2000, Parrish M Myers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to know if someone could tell me how to properly compile the
> tulip.c driver as a module for a debian potato distro.  Currently I
> have searched the tulip and debian-user mailing list archives and
> followed all the suggestions.  All help has seemed to fail.  I have
> gotten to the point of compiling the driver as a module with only minor
> syntax warnings.  The problem arrises when I try to load the module
> using the command insmod.  The result allways seems to return this
> error message:
>
> /lib/modules/2.2.14/net/tulip.o: unresolved symbol
> netif_rx_Rsmp_4092cf24
> /lib/modules/2.2.14/net/tulip.o: unresolved symbol
> alloc_skb_Rsmp_4e202d8c
.
.
.