[tulip] Component Information

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Wed, 17 May 2000 04:13:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Stephane Darveau wrote:

> My name is Stephane Darveau and I am currently employed at Info Magnetics
> Technologies in Winnipeg.  I am researching potential parts for an
> upcoming project involving ethernet transmission, and was hoping you could
> send me a datasheet as well as a price quote for your DEC 21140 tulip
> ethernet controller chip.

You missed the point of this mailing list: to discuss issues relating to
Linux drivers for the Tulip chip, and the many work-alikes.

I can answer part of the question:

The 21140 chip was End-Of-Lifed last year.
AFAIK, no commercial quantities are available.
The suggested replacement is the 21143, which has an uncertain future.
Most board vendors are building around the following work-almost-alike chips
  ADMtek Comet/Centaur
  LiteOn PNIC-II
  Macronx 98713/98715/98725

Donald Becker				becker@scyld.com