PCMCIA Driver for SMC 10/100 CardBus

Richard Atterer atterer@informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Mon May 8 15:30:51 2000

On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 09:08:07PM +0000, Donald Becker wrote:
> On Mon, 8 May 2000, Richard Atterer wrote:
[snip]
> > I have managed to build the v0.92 driver - however, I had to make
> > cb_shim.o manually. The following was logged with debug=7 when I
> > inserted the card. (It was already connected to the 10Mbit network
> > here when I did so.)
>
> How did you build the driver?  The Makefile should build cb_shim
> automatically, but only if it finds the PCMCIA include files.
> I guess I need to add a search path...

Um, no - the pcmcia source is in my home directory, that's where I
built it... Maybe you should check for /lib/modules/*/pcmcia or
/sbin/cardmgr and give an error message if that is present, but the
include files can't be found.

[snip]
> > May  8 16:24:04 elessar kernel: eth0: No link beat on the MII interface, status 7809.
>
> You don't have link beat.  Are you certain the cable is good, and the dongle
> is connected?  (A common problem is a broken dongle.)

It all works fine under "The Other OS". :-/

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer (currently at Queen's University, Belfast, NI)
  | \/¯|  http://www.in.tum.de/~atterer/
  ¯ ´` ¯