Databook on Lite-On PNIC-II

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Mon Mar 27 22:42:22 2000

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Christopher Smith wrote:

> Hi everyone. I'm not a NIC driver programmer, but I thought I'd do my
> bit to help out, so I started chasing down a source for the specs on
> the PNIC-II.
>
> I knew the chip was supposed to be compatible with Macronix's
> products. So, I e-mailed Macronix and asked them for info on which
> of their chips was the same as Lite-On chip. They have told me that
> the 98715 is an exact match.

While Macronix and Lite-On have a close relationship, the PNIC-II is *not*
the same as the 98715.  Beyond both being loosely Tulip clones, they are not
even close.  A quick look at the driver sections will confirm this.

The PNIC-II datasheet is (or was at one time), proprietary.  I have no
rights to redistribute it.

Donald Becker
Scyld Computing Corporation, becker@scyld.com