problem with tulip driver

Jerry Normandin Jerry_Normandin@brown.edu
Mon Mar 27 14:30:17 2000

Hi,

I also had this problem, I upgraded to kernel 2.2.14 and the problem
went away.  The box is a PowerMac 9600 w/96MB RAM, LinkSYS
ethernet/tulip
card, and internal MACE controller.  This machine is set up as my
home's gateway ->internet via Media One (Cable Modem)
When running 2.2.6 my Linuxksys card would fail with
 kernel: eth0: Transmit timed out, status e43e0000, CSR12 000050ca,
 resetting...
This problem looked like more a PCI bus problem to me, so I upgraded to
Linux 2.2.14,  I am using the same tulip driver (recompiled), the
problem
is gone.  I tried like hell to lock up the modem, so far so good!