What is the problem with the Linksys LNE 10/100 card?

Jeff Garzik jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com
Mon Mar 27 01:08:12 2000

Bryan Stillwell wrote:
> What's the first problem you run into?  Here is a simplified step-by-step
> on how to get it working:
>
> 1. Compile pci-netif.c (Compile command is at the bottom of the source).
> 2. Compile tulip.c
> 3. modprobe pci-netif
> 4. modprobe tulip

Or you can do it the easy way, by compiling it into the kernel :)  When
running Donald's tulip 0.91x under 2.2.x kernels I just copied all the
files into the drivers/net subdirectory, then updated my kernel config
such that CONFIG_DEC_ELCP=y  (or is it ECLP?)

> Also I would just like to say that my LNE100TX worked right off the bat
> with 2.3.99pre3.  :)

The in-kernel driver or Donald's driver?

FWIW My NetGear works with either tulip 0.91x (from donald) or the
modified tulip from NetGear themselves -- but neither driver works very
well.  Symptoms in both drivers are the same:  network communications
proceeds, media negotiation works, but 7-10% packet loss is observed
(between two hosts on the same, quiet, 100bT hub)

Anybody have a PNIC and/or PNIC-II databook?

--
Jeff Garzik              | Tact is the ability to tell a man
Building 1024            | he has an open mind when he has a