What is the problem with the Linksys LNE 10/100 card?

Bryan Stillwell arcane@verinet.com
Sun Mar 26 22:36:04 2000

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Christopher Smith wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 10:20:25AM -0700, Bryan Stillwell wrote:
> > On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Christopher Smith wrote:
> > > A few questions. First, what version of Donald's driver works for you?
> > > Secondly, if I understand you correctly I need to install Donald's PCI
> > > scanning patches as well, is that correct?
> > I haven't tested it out lately, but I believe the latest 0.91x works fine.
> > And you are correct that you'll need Donald's PCI scanning driver as well,
> > that's why I believe it doesn't work with a kernel later than 2.3.30.
>
> Ok. I tried installing Donald's PCI scanning patches and his 0.91x
> driver. I couldn't get it to compile for love 'nor money. Is there a
> simple how-to that shows where to put the appropriate files and such,
> or is it possible that the whole thing just doesn't work?

What's the first problem you run into?  Here is a simplified step-by-step
on how to get it working:

1. Compile pci-netif.c (Compile command is at the bottom of the source).
2. Compile tulip.c
3. modprobe pci-netif
4. modprobe tulip

Also I would just like to say that my LNE100TX worked right off the bat
with 2.3.99pre3.  :)

Bryan