What is the problem with the Linksys LNE 10/100 card?

Bryan Stillwell arcane@verinet.com
Thu Mar 23 19:23:59 2000

That's incorrect.  The drivers on the second floppy that comes with the
card will work, but getting Donald's latest drivers will also work.  I
know, because when I first got the card I didn't know that the drivers
were on the second floppy.  So I looked at the source for tulip.c in the
kernel and noticed that Donald Becker was the original author.  I went to
his web site, joined this list and stated my problems in detail.  (You can
check the archive).  Donald fixed the driver within a day after I
explained my problems and the PNIC-II version of the LNE100TX has worked
since.

Just make sure you get all the files you need to compile the driver.  I
believe that they are:

tulip.c
pci-netif.c
pci-netif.h
k_compat.h

You'll have to do the modprobe on pci-netif.o before tulip.o once they're
done compiling.  Also if you're following the compiling information I
think the bottom of pci-netif.c says to compile with pci-scan.c.  You'll
have to change that command to use pci-netif.c instead.

Bryan