2.3.51 tulip broken

Jeff Garzik jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com
Tue Mar 21 14:13:04 2000

Blu3Viper wrote:

> > > that's pretty funny
> > No, it's really not
>
> Even tho I'm on Donald's side, I really don't believe Jeff thinks in the
> sligtest that Donald is not going to write anymore drivers :)

Jorg's message (the first quoted statement above) was really insulting
to me, since I have been hacking on Tulip in prep for 2.4.0.  (note --
please don't flame him, Jorg has since sent me a nicer message in
private mail)

So I responded sarcastically, and boy was it misunderstood.  C'est la
vie.  :)

I think it would be a real loss if Donald gave up the network driver
world, and I would never argue the fact that he has already contributed
a great deal to Linux, and to net drivers in particular.

> Even I found the statement humorous because yes I do think Donald will be
> updating his code and yes I do think that things will settle eventually and
> Jeff and Donald will work together.  Donald -really- knows about NIC
> chipsets and Jeff knows he can benefit from that.

Agree 100%, no question about it!

Regards,

	Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik              | Tact is the ability to tell a man
Building 1024            | he has an open mind when he has a