2.3.51 tulip broken

Stephen Host shost@uoguelph.ca
Tue Mar 21 02:00:21 2000

Ok Ok Ok. Enough of this.. i'm killing this email list from my regular
flow of information.

I love tulip cards. I love donald's work , becasue every single NIC i use
is based or is something he has done. Granted, many others have
contributed to each driver i've used, and i love their work too =)

But bickering isn't going to solve anything. You guys are talented
individuals and your meeting of minds should be put to better use. The
linux community would be no where without all of you.. (whoever you are).

Bickering just pisses me off, and i've seen about a weeks too much.

I've been using the tulip.c driver for a while now and in honesty, when i
upgraded it to 2.2.14 things had become LESS stable and i've had to
basically resort to my NE2000 clones (works perfectly). (this is also in
my server which requires 24/7 uptime with 2 tulip cards.. thus why i had
to switch). Other than that my client Pc's all use tulip , 3 of them
linux with no problems. (but each client isn't up for 65 days straight,
not even 3 days)

Ever since i installed linux in 1996 Donald Becker has been aname so
closely associated to linux, it's right up there with Linus.
(due to it's ever-present nature in something i cherish, ethernet connections). All i have to say about him is
i greatly respect his efforts to bring ethernet drivers to linux. Without
them, Linux would be a very different operating system right now..

Anyway.. it's been a slice. Keep up the fine work. Viva la open source (or
whatever you want to say that praises open source software)

Steve Host - Engineering Systems & Computing Student, University of Guelph
       http://godiva.eos.uoguelph.ca/~shost/ - shost@uoguelph.ca