2.3.51 tulip broken

Jason Thomas jason@topic.com.au
Tue Mar 21 01:31:30 2000

--7gGkHNMELEOhSGF6

how long has this thread been going on and how many of you have read the
whole thing.

all Jeff has done is coordeinate patches to the tulip.c driver in the 2.3.x
kernel, with some of his own, basically if you have some input into the code
pass your patch along to Jeff.

why is it Jeffs fault that some one came up with a pci interface(this person
already laid claim to this) and passed it along to linus.

As for Donald his my hero. But everything that has been said from these two
leads me to believe that neither did anything wrong one just got there patch
in first.  It's not as if there needs to be a fight about it, if you have
some idea about tulip.c are the pci interface why not test and send your own
patch straight to linus.

My 2cents.

Lyle Bickley [lbickley@best.com] wrote:
> Jeff Garzik wrote:
> >
> > "Jorg B." wrote:
> > > Now that Donald is no longer providing updates for the tulip NIC driver I'm
> > > sure that there will not be working support for these cards in the 2.4
> > > kernel series.
> >
> > that's pretty funny
> >
> > --
> > Jeff Garzik              | Tact is the ability to tell a man
> > Building 1024            | he has an open mind when he has a
> > MandrakeSoft, Inc.       | hole in his head.  (-random fortune)
>
> Jeff,
>
> Your attitude is exactly what we don't need in the open source
> community.
>
> I hope you are not representing Mandrake in your comments.  If you are,
> you've lost this former Mandrake supporter.
>
> Lyle Bickley
>

> --
> Lyle Bickley      | Bickley Consulting West Inc.
> lbickley@best.com | V 650-428-0621
> lbickley@acm.org  | F 650-428-0599
>
> "Black holes exist where GOD is dividing by zero"

Jason Thomas                           Phone:  +61 2 6257 7111
System Administrator  -  UID 0         Fax:    +61 2 6257 7311
tSA Consulting Group Pty. Ltd.         Mobile: 0418 29 66 81
1 Hall Street Lyneham ACT 2602         http://www.topic.com.au/

--7gGkHNMELEOhSGF6

--7gGkHNMELEOhSGF6--