[tulip] RE: Problem with LNE100TX (ver4.1)

thomas@wong.as thomas@wong.as
28 Jun 2000 05:54:33 -0000

Hi,
 I recently bought more than 10 pcs of LNE100TX (ver 4.1 this is printed on the
card itself) and found that my RH6.2 doesn't recognize it. I try to compile the
tulip.c (v0.92) and found that it return me this error after I do the "insmod
tulip.o"
>> unresolved symbol pci_drv_unregister
>> unresolved symbol pci_drv_register

I saw one posting and found that I need to compile pci-netif.c (gcc -DMODULE -
D__KERNEL__ -O6 -c pci-netif.c). I compile it but now I received another error
message from after doing the "insmod pci-netif.o" The error message is
>> couldn't find the kernel version the module was compiled for

What have I miss during the compilation ??

Secondly, when my system boot up the it show the below message for the PCI
Device Listing:

Bus No Device No ... Vendor ID  Device ID   ... IRQ
  0      19      ...  1317        0985      ...  5

I did the source code for tulip.c and found that this vendor id and device id
are referring to ADMtek Centaur-P.

Anyone who has any idea how to solve this problem , please please please reply.
I need help urgently. I bought this NIC card being fooled by the logo Tested
with Linux on the box cover thinking that support and driver is given. What a
mistake ?

Regards,
Thomas Wong

--