[tulip] Multiport adapter (D-Link DFE-570TX): Ports 2-4 Stopped ???

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Axel_M=FCller?= axel.mueller@i2c-systems.com
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 14:27:24 +0200

Hi,

Recently we upgraded one gateway machine with 2 D-Link DFE-570TX quad-port
adapters.
Both of them are connected to Baystack 450 switches capable of Multi-link
truncing.
We downloaded the most recent version of the tuliop drivers along with
diagnostic tools.
So far we got the 2 quad-port adapters running but obviously only one port
out of four on each card:

lemon:/usr/local/bin # ./tulip-diag
tulip-diag.c:v2.00 4/19/2000 Donald Becker (becker@scyld.com)
 http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
Index #1: Found a Digital DS21143 Tulip adapter at 0xb000.
 Port selection is MII, full-duplex.
 Transmit started, Receive started, full-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Waiting for packets'.
  The Tx process state is 'Idle'.
  The transmit threshold is 1024.
  The NWay status register is 000000c6.
  Internal autonegotiation state is 'Autonegotiation disabled'.
Index #2: Found a Digital DS21143 Tulip adapter at 0xb400.
 Port selection is MII, half-duplex.
 Transmit stopped, Receive stopped, half-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The Tx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The transmit threshold is 128.
  The NWay status register is 000000c6.
  Internal autonegotiation state is 'Autonegotiation disabled'.
Index #3: Found a Digital DS21143 Tulip adapter at 0xb800.
 Port selection is MII, half-duplex.
 Transmit stopped, Receive stopped, half-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The Tx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The transmit threshold is 128.
  The NWay status register is 000000c6.
  Internal autonegotiation state is 'Autonegotiation disabled'.
Index #4: Found a Digital DS21143 Tulip adapter at 0xbc00.
 Port selection is MII, half-duplex.
 Transmit stopped, Receive stopped, half-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The Tx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The transmit threshold is 128.
  The NWay status register is 000000c6.
  Internal autonegotiation state is 'Autonegotiation disabled'.
Index #5: Found a Digital DS21143 Tulip adapter at 0xc000.
 Port selection is MII, full-duplex.
 Transmit started, Receive started, full-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Waiting for packets'.
  The Tx process state is 'Idle'.
  The transmit threshold is 1024.
  The NWay status register is 000000c6.
  Internal autonegotiation state is 'Autonegotiation disabled'.
Index #6: Found a Digital DS21143 Tulip adapter at 0xc400.
 Port selection is MII, half-duplex.
 Transmit stopped, Receive stopped, half-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The Tx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The transmit threshold is 128.
  The NWay status register is 000000c6.
  Internal autonegotiation state is 'Autonegotiation disabled'.
Index #7: Found a Digital DS21143 Tulip adapter at 0xc800.
 Port selection is MII, half-duplex.
 Transmit stopped, Receive stopped, half-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The Tx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The transmit threshold is 128.
  The NWay status register is 000000c6.
  Internal autonegotiation state is 'Autonegotiation disabled'.
Index #8: Found a Digital DS21143 Tulip adapter at 0xcc00.
 Port selection is MII, half-duplex.
 Transmit stopped, Receive stopped, half-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The Tx process state is 'Stopped'.
  The transmit threshold is 128.
  The NWay status register is 000000c6.
  Internal autonegotiation state is 'Autonegotiation disabled'.
 Use '-a' or '-aa' to show device registers,
     '-e' to show EEPROM contents, -ee for parsed contents,
  or '-m' or '-mm' to show MII management registers.

The tulip driver is loaded as module as follows:

lemon:~ # cat /etc/conf.modules|grep tulip
alias eth3 tulip
alias eth4 tulip
alias eth5 tulip
alias eth6 tulip
alias eth7 tulip
alias eth8 tulip
alias eth9 tulip
alias eth10 tulip
options tulip debug=2 options=11,11

Any idea how we can port 2-4 on both cards running as well?