[tulip] LinkSys LNE100TX (again)

phoneranger phoneranger3@earthlink.net
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 21:47:43 -0400

I have my Linux box ( I compiled both tulip and pci-scan for SMP since
I'm running SMP) and a Win95 box running with the LinkSys cards on a
LinkSys 10/100 hub.  Both appear to be sending packets, but neither
machine can communicate with the other.  When I ping from Linux box to
the Win95 box, I see the indicators for both ports on the hub flashing,
so I know something is going out.  Same result if I ping from the Win95
box to the Linux box.  From visual activity on the hub, they appear to
be trying to communicate.  So far I have installed PCI-SCAN and the
latest TULIP driver, which is what's enabled me to get this far.  Could
this be an issue that they are not auto-negotiating in a compatible
manner, and if so, how would I fix it?

Here's output of tulip-diag:

tulip-diag.c:v2.00 4/19/2000 Donald Becker (becker@scyld.com)
 http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
Index #1: Found a Lite-On PNIC-II adapter at 0xd400.
 Port selection is 10mpbs-serial, half-duplex.
 Transmit started, Receive started, half-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Waiting for packets'.
  The Tx process state is 'Idle'.
  The transmit threshold is 72.
  The NWay status register is 40a1d0cc.
 The current PNIC-II MAC address is 00:a0:cc:e1:8b:c6 (a000a000
e1ccc68b).
 The current PNIC-II WOL address is 00:a0:cc:e1:8b:c6.
  Internal autonegotiation state is 'Negotiation complete'.
 Use '-a' or '-aa' to show device registers,
     '-e' to show EEPROM contents, -ee for parsed contents,
  or '-m' or '-mm' to show MII management registers.