[tulip] tulip troubles (was Re: eepro100 troubles)

Jeff Garzik jgarzik@mandrakesoft.mandrakesoft.com
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 23:22:11 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Brian wrote:
> 3Com 905B ("Cyclone") is stable with Andrew Morton's April 15 driver.
> Probably the newer drivers, too (but defintely not the older ones).
>
> NE2000 is only 10BaseT, but we've had no trouble with them.
>
> If you find a tulip driver that's stable under heavy sustained load, let me
> know.  We have quite a few of them, but no driver has been stable.

I'm interested in finding a solution.

Can you test the Tulip driver in 2.4.0-test1-ac11 and provide oops
output that I can chew on?

What's your hardware (lspci -vvv perhaps), and what's your setup like?
Anything special, like channel bonding or bridging?  Or just basic
ethernet setup running Web servers?

	Jeff