[tulip] Rx Suspended -- no buffers

Peter Kearney pkearney@icase.edu
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:43:00 -0400

Hello All:

I was wondering if I could get some help. We loose 3 to 4 nodes under
heavy computational use (Same nodes each time). I can bring them back up
by issuing a
ifdown eth0 and then an ifup eth0 at the console. Tulip-diag gives the
following output (see below) before I issue the ifdown/ifup.  I notice
that the Rx process state is suspended and that there are no receiving
buffers.  Is this a driver or hardware problem? We are running v.92
tulip driver as well as the 2.2.16-3 kernel.

tulip-diag.c:v2.00 4/19/2000 Donald Becker (becker@scyld.com)
 http://www.scyld.com/diag/index.html
Index #1: Found a Lite-On 82c168 PNIC adapter at 0xd000.
 Port selection is MII, full-duplex.
 Transmit started, Receive started, full-duplex.
  The Rx process state is 'Suspended -- no Rx buffers'.
  The Tx process state is 'Idle'.
  The transmit threshold is 72.
 Use '-a' or '-aa' to show device registers,
     '-e' to show EEPROM contents, -ee for parsed contents,
  or '-m' or '-mm' to show MII management registers.

Thanks
Peter
--
Peter Kearney