Support for Linksys LNE100TX cards

Jim Morris Jim@Morris.net
Wed Jan 12 00:15:56 2000

--------------29880ADD5612942A49F0D81F

Tony Arcieri wrote:

> I recently purchased a cheap little 10/100 NIC, a Linksys
> "EtherFast" LNE100TX.  The normal tulip driver lists this as an unknown
> card, but Linksys provided a modified tulip.c on the floppies that came
> with the card, which works fine when building 2.2.x
>
> Unfortunately, this modified driver doesn't build with  2.3.x.  I was
> wondering if there were any plans to add support for this card in the
> canonical tulip.c.

I've got a bunch of these cards, and they ran fine with the development
tulip.c drivers like 0.91g, when I was running on 10BaseT hubs.
Unfortunately, in a recent move, I've got 2 new 24-port 10/100BaseTX
hubs.  I cannot use the 0.91g, or even 0.91x drivers with the newer
Linksys cards, on the 100BaseTX hub - the cards have all sorts of media
detection issues, and if they do work, lot's of transmit timeouts.
0.91g worked fine on a 10BaseT hub with those cards.  Forcing the media
type doesn't help either.

Everything works fine under Linux 2.2.x with the Linksys modified 0.90f
driver though.

If you find a solution, I'd be anxious to know what it is...
 --
/------------------------------------------------\
| Jim Morris  | Business:  jmorris@rtc-group.com |

begin:vcard