What cards are currently based on Tulip chip?

Dan Stromberg strombrg@nis.acs.uci.edu
Fri Jan 7 16:18:54 2000

This information is probably better than nothing, but it is my feeling
that such lists get out of date pretty quickly.  It takes an almost
obsessive maintainer to keep such a list really useful when done with a
traditional approach.

One might add that this list doesn't appear to address which cards are
presently
using true tulip chips, and which are using macronix chips.

I think it would be really useful if someone set up some kind of website
where people could indicate what kind of card they have just purchased
and what version(s) of the tulip driver it works with (and perhaps how
well, too), if any.  The system would timestamp the entry, and have the
option of listing the info chronologically when queried.

Actually, this would almost certainly be useful for more than "just"
tulip/macronix cards - it probably could be applied to other net cards,
scsi cards, video cards, sound cards - really just about anything you
attach to a linux box.

Someone has done something like this for printers; IMO, it's a very
valuable resource.  It's at
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/pht/printer_list.cgi.