Tulip driver and 2.3.X ?

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer@elanco.k12.pa.us
Mon Jan 3 15:23:12 2000

Hi,

Does anyone have a working Tulip/2.3.X kernel combination?  I have a
Kingston KNE-100TX card that I only have been able to get to work with the
Tulip 0.91g driver.  However, the 0.91g driver doesn't play very nice with
the 2.3.X kernel series.  I finally got around to trying to compile the
new kernel (2.3.35) today and everything went fine until the tulip driver.
The compiler spit out a bunch of errors (too numerous to list here) and so
I reverted back to 0.89H, which is included with the kernel, hoping it
somehow would work with my card with the new kernel (it obviously didn't
with the old).  It didn't of course and now I'm wondering if/when I'll be
able to upgrade to kernel 2.4.  Any roadmap for the Tulip driver out there
or any reports of Tulip based cards, specfically Kingston cards, working
with the 2.3.X series?

Thanks,

Kevin

--