Which Card for our Linux Server

jason@topic.com.au jason@topic.com.au
Fri Feb 11 18:57:45 2000

--tsOsTdHNUZQcU9Ye

that sound more like a driver problem, what kernel are you running, have you
patched the tulip driver. a while back alot of people where having this sort
of problem.  upgrading to a newer tulip.c helped..

Chris [chris@hinterlands.com.au] wrote:
> Hello to everyone
>
> We are looking to purchase a new ethernet card
> for our main linux server. ( regular heavy loads )
> We have a 100baseTX Hub IEEE 802.3.
>
> We currently have a CNET 120 pro which has a
> Macronix 98715 chipset. This card is supported
> by tulip, but it drops off the net irregularly for
> no apparent reason. Pull it from the Hub and
> plug it back in and off it goes again.
>
> What would be the best choice for a trouble
> free 100base TX ethernet card to replace
> our not yet well supported Macronix jobby.
>
> Regards
> Chris Blown

Jason Thomas                           Phone:  +61 2 6257 7111
System Administrator  -  UID 0         Fax:    +61 2 6257 7311
tSA Consulting Group Pty. Ltd.         Mobile: 0418 29 66 81
1 Hall Street Lyneham ACT 2602         http://www.topic.com.au/

--tsOsTdHNUZQcU9Ye

--tsOsTdHNUZQcU9Ye--