Netgear FA310TX

Jason Thomas jason@topic.com.au
Sun Feb 6 21:38:06 2000

--WTbgq2twYBxfsYA6

As far as I am aware "modprobe" is the prefered method now..

rmmod and insmod still work fine.

inset module:	modprobe tulip
remove module:	modprobe -r tulip
list modules:	lsmod

I don't think there is a way to list the currently running modules with
modprobe.

Chris [chris@hinterlands.com.au] wrote:
> Sidney Antommarchi wrote:
>

> >         ./tulip.o init_module:Device or resource busy
> >
> > How do I get arround this?
>
> The module is being loaded at boot time.
> You should probably rem out the eth0 entry
> from conf.modules if you want to insert the module
> yourself.
> You could also remove it from the kernel with
> rmmod tulip ( after bringing the interface down )
>
> After   insmod tulip   do a   tail /var/log/messages
>
> You should see the log messages for the tulip
> module .
> If it looks ok, Bring the interface up with ifup eth0.
>
> Regards
> Chris Blown

Jason Thomas                           Phone:  +61 2 6257 7111
System Administrator  -  UID 0         Fax:    +61 2 6257 7311
tSA Consulting Group Pty. Ltd.         Mobile: 0418 29 66 81
1 Hall Street Lyneham ACT 2602         http://www.topic.com.au/

--WTbgq2twYBxfsYA6

--WTbgq2twYBxfsYA6--