SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable

jlhagen@collins.rockwell.com jlhagen@collins.rockwell.com
Wed Feb 2 08:41:37 2000

Hi,

Forgive me if this is the wrong spot to post to on this subject.

I have a 2 machine network with a 10Mbit hub and 2 3c509b cards. I could bring
up eth0 on both machines but
they couldn't ping each other. After some suggestions I was removing routes from
my messy routing table
and was going to start the interface again. Now I get

[root@cutlass /dev]# /sbin/ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.3 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Resource temporarily unavailable

all the time. What did I do via deleting routes to end up in this
persistent state? Also, how do I get out of this state??
sockios.h
/* Socket configuration controls. */
33 #define SIOCSIFFLAGS    0x8914          /* set flags                    */
Did I mess up my TCP/IP stack in deleting routes???

I have Redhat6.1 2.2.12 3c509b is compiled into the kernel.
I've seen a couple of posts elsewhere with this question but no answers (I'm
still
searching but not to sure where the best place to look is ).

Thanks for your patience and help

John