[tulip] Conexant LANfinity

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 17:02:03 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 29 Dec 2000, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Dec 2000, Donald Becker wrote:
> > On Fri, 29 Dec 2000, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:
> >
> > > I have a notebook Compaq Presario 1700 which has a builtin
> > > miniPCI modem/LAN interface.
> > > 00:09.0 Ethernet controller: CONEXANT: Unknown device 1803 (rev 08)
> > > eth0: Conexant LANfinity rev 8 at 0x1400, EEPROM not present,
> > >    00:4C:69:6E:75:79, IRQ 9.
> > > eth0:  MII transceiver #1 config 1000 status 782d advertising 01e1.
> > > eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:4C:69:6E:75:79
> > What is the station address of your adapter under Windows?
>
> Huh, I don't know how to find that under Windows. So I booted
> Windows and pinged another PC within the same segment. The other
> PC told with cat /proc/net/arp:
>
>    00:50:8B:FA:38:9D

Thanks.
I can read the Conexant EEPROM, but I didn't know which bytes were the
station address.  And I had already zapped MS-Windows from the machine.
(Note: The Windows Recovery disk ... won't. )

> Now I found "winipcfg". The arped MAC address is correct.
> This means tulip.c is getting the wrong bytes, isn't it?

Yup, it's a made-up address.  Convert that station address to ASCII ;->

I'll take another try at the getting the bus-mastering to work this weekend.