[tulip] init_module: Device or resource busy

Donald Becker becker@scyld.com
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 03:43:18 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 23 Dec 2000, Sumit Mehrotra wrote:

> I guess this is a pretty stock question on this list,

Yes.

> The scenario is,I have a standart Red hat 7.0 (kerlne
> 2.2.16-22) running. On of my NICs is a Cnet Pro(dmfe.o
> module) and the Other is a LinkSys NC100 Ver 2.1
> "Network Everywhere" (tulip.o module).
> 00:14.0 Ethernet controller: Bridgecom, Inc: Unknown
> device 0985 (rev 11)
> 	Subsystem: Bridgecom, Inc: Unknown device 0570

This is the ADMtek Centaur-P chip.

You'll need the updated Tulip driver:
   http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html
Be certain to read
  http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html#redhat7.0

The "Bridgecom" identifier is incorrect -- this is really ADMtek's vendor
ID.

> This is what I get. I gather this is becasue of an IRQ
> conflict. Result of my lspci -v  and cat

No, it's that the old Tulip driver doesn't recognize or support this new
chip.